Scubapro Extends Sustainable Packaging Initiative for More Products
German dive equipment manufacturer Scubapro has announced it is to extend its environmentally responsible packaging programme to include a broader range of products.
Scubapro began to implement its responsible packaging initiative in April 2021, replacing plastic bags and existing boxes for certain products with more environmentally-friendly and recycled alternatives. As of November, the company will add all dive computers and instruments to its growing list of products that will be shipped in sustainable packaging.
Furthermore, Scubapro has announced that it will also switch all of its small and large spare parts and accessories containers (O-rings, mask straps, etc.) to packaging made from grass paper, suitable for recycling. The innovative material, sourced and manufactured in Germany, helps to preserve other, more scarce resources; saves on water and has shorter transportation distances, thus ensuring an overall smaller carbon footprint.
Ongoing measures from Scubapro's include:
- Recycled cardboard boxes or protective containers for masks that can be used sustainably for transport and storage of accessories.
- Boots in fabric bags that can be used for transport and storage as well as a wash or shoe bag.
- Headbands, neoprene mask straps, gloves and other accessories are delivered on recycled label cards as packaging.
- Regulators, computers, and regulator maintenance kits are shipped in cardboard packaging without plastic.
- Fins in recycled cardboard boxes or in mesh bags that can be used for transport and storage or as bags for marine debris when diving.
Scubapro has stated that the overall goal of its Responsible Packaging Programme is the complete elimination of plastic and the reduction of total packaging', and that 'innovative packaging solutions for more products will be introduced soon.'
Further information about the initiative can be found at www.scubapro.eu/scubapro-cares